Scandi Standard welcomes Samuli Eskola as new CEO and Country Manager for Finland. Eskola has close to 20 years of FMCG experience in leading positions from listed Nordic food companies, like Atria, Apetit, HKScan and latest as the CEO of Polarica Group.
Samuli Eskola takes over from Jyrki Heinimo who has lead Naapurin Maalaiskana Oy as an interim CEO since July 2017. During this time the Finnish business has had a growth of over 20 percent, close to 10 million € on an annualized basis and has made a significant contribution towards break even.
Samuli Eskola has solid experience from the industry. The last position at HK Scan was as responsible for consumer business at HKScan Finland and Baltics. He has a proven record of accomplishment on financial results and implementing business development actions.
– I am very happy to welcome Samuli to the Scandi Group. He has a clear focus on consumers and customers and is a highly business-driven person with long leader experience, moving the team to reach the strategic targets. I am really looking forward to follow the Finnish team in efforts to developing the chicken category in Finland, says Magnus Lagergren, CEO at Kronfågel.
Samuli Eskola begins his new job on May 4 and is very eager to start working together with his team:
– The consumption of chicken has grown steadily during the past years driven by health and climate trends. I am excited to become a part of the only dedicated chicken provider of scale in Finland and looking much forward working with the team in developing both topline and bottom line.
Samuli Eskola will report to the Swedish Country Manager Magnus Lagergren, and be a member of the Scandi Standard Management Team.
Fore more information, please contact:
Magnus Lagergren, CEO Kronfågel Sweden. Phone +46 702 55 52 35 e-mail: email@example.com
Samuli Eskola, CEO Naapurin Maalaiskana Oy, Phone +358-400-436464
FACTS ON CHICKEN AND NAAPURIN MAALAISKANA
• Naapurin Maalaiskana has 160 employees at the production site in Lieto, just outside Turku/Åbo
• Market growth for the chicken category (consumption in kgs) in 2017 was 7 %
• Market growth for the chicken category in January and February 2018 was 10 %
• Naapurin Maalaiskana estimated share of the market is 10 %
• The market is primarily fresh/chilled chicken. Share of frozen is minimal.
• Market is developing actively and Naapurin Maalaiskana is bringing new flavors and healthy innovations to fast developing chicken category.
• Naapurin Maalaiskana is the only chicken producer offering GMO-free (besides organic)
• 29 % of consumers have heard of Naapurin Maalaiskana (Source: TNS Kantar in February 2018)
Link to press release