Meet our graduate Maria Svenningsen
Maria Svenningsen started Scandi Standards’ Graduate Program 2020 as an Operations Graduate.
Tell us a little about yourself:
– I am 26 years old and have a background in MSc Logistic and Supply Chain Management from Aarhus University. My interest in the FMCG industry (Fast-moving consumer goods industry) has been sparked during my studies, with the realization of how complex and fascinating the supply chain is for these kinds of businesses, which has only been increased by student work within an accounting company specializing in agriculture and another internship at a large Danish FMCG business.
Why did you apply for the graduate program?
– The graduate program provided me with the opportunity to further expand my interest in a large cross-country FMCG and really get to know the different aspects of the supply chain, with different positions in different departments through rotations, both in my home country, but also abroad.
What kind of projects have you been involved in at Scandi Standard?
– My first rotation was with Operations at Danpo, involving me in different projects within Lean, working to improve and further develop this important area, as well as different everyday work to get to know how an actual production site works. A few months ago, I started my second rotation at Planning and Logistics at Kronfågel to participate in developing the S&OP process (Sales and operations planning process) further.
What have you learned?
– I have gained a much broader understanding of how we influence each other in the supply chain, and that we all need to work together to achieve our goals – nobody can do anything by themselves! I definitely feel like my different rotations have supported the skills I have acquired during my studies and student work, and of course, fueled the development of a lot of new ones!
What are your thoughts regarding your journey ahead at Scandi?
– I already feel like I have learned a lot, not only about the business but myself as well, which I look forward to expanding even more in the remaining part of the graduate program, taking advantage of the opportunities that the program provides. I think the core values of the company are coherent with my own and I look forward to being a part of the journey of sustainable chicken production.