Meet our graduate Emilia Biskop
Emilia Biskop started Scandi Standards’ Graduate Program 2020 as a Planning Graduate.
Tell us a little about yourself:
– I have always had a keen interest in animals and agriculture, and therefore I started studying animal sciences at the University of Helsinki. During my studies, I developed a deep passion for sustainable food production and animal welfare.
Why did you apply for the graduate program?
– For me, Scandi Standards’ Graduate Leadership Program seemed like the perfect opportunity to gain experience in an international business and try out different roles and get a good overview of the business.
What kind of projects have you been involved in at Scandi Standard?
– I`ve got the chance to be involved and lead several different kinds of projects during my time at Scandi Standard. I`ve worked with a few operations related projects at our processing plant in Finland, such as implementing new meat inspection panels and optimizing ways of working by creating new work instructions and a new system for them. I`ve been deeply involved in the daily tasks of Live Operations, and many projects with a focus on Live Operations. Right now, I`m working on a Live Operations project on the farm level in Sweden.
What have you learned?
– A lot! The graduate program has allowed me to get a great general overview of the poultry business, and I`ve gained experience from working in an international environment. Leading larger projects have developed my project leading skills, and my time at the processing plant in Finland helped me understand and learn about the processes and the whole value chain behind chicken products.
What are your thoughts regarding your journey ahead at Scandi?
– I have really enjoyed my time at Scandi Standard so far, and I`m very much looking forward to what the future brings to my journey at Scandi Standard.