Meet our graduate Clara Lindblad
Clara Lindblad started Scandi Standards’ Graduate Program 2020 as a Finance Graduate.
Tell us a little about yourself:
– My name is Clara and I live in an old (really old) house outside Stockholm. I moved to Stockholm to start my appointment at Scandi Standard. Originally, I’m from the deep forests of Värmland in Sweden. I have a master’s degree in accounting and financial management from Gothenburg Business School. Outside of work I enjoy running, walking in the forest with my dachshund, building on the house and eating cheese.
Why did you apply for the graduate program?
– Fresh out of university I was not sure of exactly which job title would suit me, so I was looking for a job to kickstart my career and give me the opportunity to try different things. When I saw the Scandi Standard graduate program I felt that it was a good match for me. Both because of the opportunity to rotate between different countries and projects, but also because I have an interest in the food industry.
What kind of projects have you been involved in at Scandi Standard?
– During my time at Scandi Standard I’ve been involved in both operational work in the finance team at Kronfågel as well as projects within both finance at Kronfågel and Demand Planning at Danpo. At Kronfågel I’ve for example developed a new tool that can be used for assessing campaigns and at Danpo I’ve been developing a report to assess the anatomical balance in the business and evaluate the forecast accuracy.
What have you learned?
– First of all, I’ve learned a lot about the chicken industry by getting the opportunity to both visit and work in several of our production plants and work on projects in different departments and countries. I have developed my skills in excel a lot and learnt how to visualize data in Qlikview. Another important thing; I’ve got the opportunity to practice is change management and communication. Having to work with many different stakeholders with different perspectives, priorities and sometimes languages I’ve had to put both my communication skills and ability to get others on board on an idea to test.
What are your thoughts regarding your journey ahead at Scandi?
– Right now, my main focus is my third rotation that just started, in the Planning & logistic team at Kronfågel. I don’t know what the next stop on my journey is after that, but one thing the program has shown me so far is that there are many opportunities at Scandi.