Meet our graduate Michelle Breum Christensen
Michelle Breum Christensen started Scandi Standards’ Graduate Program 2020 as a Planning Graduate.
Tell us a little about yourself:
– My name is Michelle, and I’m from the northern part of Denmark. I have a master’s degree in Management Accounting and Control from Aalborg University, Denmark. After my graduation back in 2019, I worked one year as a Financial Analyst for an IT company before I started my graduate journey within Scandi Standard.
Why did you apply for the graduate program?
– For me, the graduate program is a great opportunity to try a lot of different roles in an international business and get a unique understanding of the whole value chain.
What kind of projects have you been involved in at Scandi Standard?
– In my first rotation as a Planning Graduate in Danpo, Denmark, I was involved in several projects such as developing and optimizing the Exports forecast process and a part of developing the S&OP process.
– In my second and third rotations, I have been part of Group Export as a Finance Business Controller. I’m working on the Group Export integration in Manor Farm (Ireland) and Kronfågel, (Sweden). This involves a lot of travels between Denmark, Sweden and Ireland, and a larger project plan that involves many different stakeholders and collaboration with different departments.
What have you learned?
– I have learnt a lot! I’ve gained a broader understanding of the poultry industry and how we influence each other in the whole value chain. I’ve learnt a lot about myself and how to lead others and larger projects across the countries.
What are your thoughts regarding your journey ahead at Scandi?
– Soon I’m going on maternity leave and will end my graduate journey on the 29th of April 2022. But I’m really looking forward to coming back in 2023 as a Group Export Finance Business Partner and being part of the exciting journey that lies ahead for Scandi Standard.